The Most Complete Vacation Packing List in the Galaxy
- July 19, 2016
- Pete Hardesty
Have you ever arrived to your vacation spot only to be missing a crucial item? It is more than a hassle. It’s a distraction, annoyance, and frustration. I am a frequent culprit of forgetting things for trips, especially toiletries. One time I led a cabin of guys at a camp through an obstacle course wearing Tretorns and yoga pants. But that’s a story for another time. Don’t be unprepared. Onward.
- Passport/ID/license/credit cards
- Electronic devices AND chargers
- Ipad charger, car phone charger
- I have one of those little mophies that will charge my cell phone 2 whole charges. Just in case I am stranded somewhere and the phone is dead.
- Marpac noise machine (I like white noise, especially when rooming with someone—more often than not you will get someone who snores like a banshee)
- Toiletries – check or carry-on (I have 2 different pre-prepared toiletry kits—one for check and one for carry-on)
- If you are really responsible all liquids in ziplocks in case of breakage or spillage.
- House key
- Trash bag for dirty clothes
- Water bottle
- Travel Alarm clock (I don’t like to sleep next to my phone because I will surf aimlessly instead of going to bed).
- iPod (Yes I am one of the few who still use an iPod for exercise. You might want it for running—especially if you are going to the beach, you may not want to run with your phone and get it all sandy)
- Socks-athletic and dress
- Dressy outfit? Church or meeting?
- Running or workout gear/shoes
- Jacket?/Rain coat?
- Dress shoes/Flip flops
- Ambien (or Jack Daniels minis)
- Travel pillow
Maybe?/Other miscellaneous stuff
- Aux cord
- Retainer (don’t laugh, it’s a mouth guard for grinding)
- Tickets (airline, concert, sporting event, etc.)
- Extra pair of glasses
- Night light or small flash light
- Cigars (you should try them–they are celebratory and relaxing)
- Snacks/Protein bars
- Kan Jam, Corn Hole, or other lawn games
- Aerobed/air mattress
- Golf clubs
- Ravens/Orioles (your favorite team paraphernalia)
Check out this list from another site. It’s almost as good and even has detailed toiletries.
What would you add? What did I miss?
Happy Vacationing! I hope it is the best one yet.