Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/u657210532/domains/everydayexiles.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/ailsa/layouts/post/content-single.php on line 26
20 Lessons I Learned From My Two-Year Old
- September 21, 2017
- Tyler Speegle
When I became a dad a little over two years ago I knew I had a lot to learn about becoming a parent. What I didn’t expect is just how much my son would teach me about life in general.
I’m sure I have many more lessons to learn in the years ahead, but in the mean time I thought I would share this selection of 20:
- Saturday mornings were meant for pancakes.
- Our emotions can get us into serious trouble.
- There’s no such thing as too many hugs.
- Adults don’t play outside nearly enough.
- We should all smile at strangers more often.
- Playing in the rain is highly underrated.
- Dinosaurs are awesome.
- Uncrustables are a great lunch option.
- We should all read a good story before bedtime.
- When you fall, get back up and keep playing.
- You can have fun without an iPhone or iPad. Seriously, get off your phone (after you finish reading this J)
- Enjoying the little things in life is key.
- Running away when you get in trouble only gets you in more trouble.
- God gave us children to remind us of what’s really important in life: love, laughter, and relationship.
- We owe our parents… A LOT.
- You should never miss a chance to play in the snow.
- When you have a bad attitude, you probably just need a nap.
- Eating something off the floor isn’t a big deal.
- The people who don’t wave back are the people who need to be waved at the most.
- We shouldn’t be afraid to ask for help.